Tuesday, December 05, 2006

06 November 26--Still Small Rain

Well,

Our first appointment this week was good. It was with a fairly recent investigator named Padoue ( we contacted him while trying to see who could get more rejections). Padoue is skeptical of religion in general, and it's obvious he's been to lots of other churches before, and has received missionaries from lots of different churches before. So consequently, he likes to argue. Sometime during our first discussion, I stopped the lesson and basically told him that if he wanted to argue with us, he wasn't going to get anywhere, and that we had better things to do with our time. He listened much better after that, however every so often, he would start up again and dispute a passage of scripture that I'm pretty sure he hadn't even read before we presented it to him. Any way, somehow through it all, we've managed to get him to read the Book of Mormon, and during our last appointment, he had some legitimate questions. We answered them and proceeded to testify about the Book of Mormom and that if he read it , he could know for himself whether it was true or not and had him read Moroni 10:3 - 5. He was silent for a moment , and then said, " you can say that and it's great, but...." and just then the rain came. Now, I've been in this country awhile, and I've seen some rain storms, but this was ridiculous. This rain storm came instantly, with no warning and it came hard, and we were in a house with a tin roof. The rain hit the tin roof hard, and it was like being in the middle of a crowded stadium, I couldn't even hear my companion who was right next to me yelling in English. So, all Padoue could do was sit and read and wait for the rain to stop (and it didn't stop, in fact, it got worse). In the end, he stood up and told us to come back later because he wanted to learn more, but I think the rain helped. He was about to argue again, and was silenced by the rain. We got up and were about to go, this surprised him that we were about to go out into the storm, we told him we had another appointment to go to, and I think this surprised him even more. I think we left him with the impression that we're here for a reason and that we believe in what we're doing. We'll see if that comes to anything.

I don't have much time, this computer has been crashing the whole time. Thanksgiving was nice. after Thanksgiving was not so nice ( I've been pretty sick for the past 3 days because of it ;) but I'm doin' good now. Efa Salama Aho!

Well, nice to hear from you. Until next time Veloma!


Elder Draper

No comments: