Saturday, May 12, 2007

2007 May 8--Alarobia

Well hi,

Yeah, once again P-day was jam-packed with stuff and we didn't have time to E-mail. So once again, we are taking up our lunch hour to E-mail, except this time our investigators didn't feed us cow head.

Well, to answer some of your questions; yes, you do get to call this Sunday. As for "missionary advice" to give to the missionary on his way here, I don't really know. I may have a few suggestions though, 1) Don't buy your backpack from the MTC, it is a waste of money. It is definitely not against the rules to bring your own, despite what is said in that book that came with your papers. You'd be better off saving some money and bringing your own, or if you need to buy one, get a waterproof bag. ( in the summer - to say "it rains a lot here" is an understatement) 2) you actually don't need to bring 2 suits, 1 is just fine. 3) don't worry too much about what to bring, in fact, I personally think that the less you bring the better. you can get everything you need here. Obviously, use your common sense, but just don't worry too much is all.

I don't know really, this is all pretty basic, and for that I apologize, but I'm pretty used to this place now, so I guess I'm not the best at giving advise to a new missionary. I will say that you should be excited, because this place is cool. I think you'll like it.

Another great week has come and gone here in Alarobia. Elder W is great, the only problem is that we've kept each other up all night talking to each other so we've been kind of tired this week. The area is beautiful, the people are wonderful. We have 4 baptisms on Sunday and we're working on several more for the end of the transfer.

Yesterday, we started the day playing Soccer, and I was picked last or rather, I was not picked at all. I felt like I was in high school again, and it sucked. I'm not the best player by any means, but I'm certainly not the worst. It was funny though, I guess because of my injured pride I played better - just to show 'em. I ended up knocking a bunch of people over, and stealing the ball several times through out the game, and to top it all, I, even I Elder Draper, did score the winning point with my left foot (and, I did it on purpose too!). After that, we went to the office, and started talking to Sister Gaya, the mission president's wife. As we were about to leave, she invited us to have lunch with her and president Gaya. We accepted. We went to this really nice French restaurant, ate great food and got to know the Gaya's much better. They are great. After that Sister Gaya took us to dessert. Then we went back to the office and played a game of Monopoly. It was pretty funny, because I hadn't played Monopoly since I was 11 and I didn't really know what I was doing, but for some reason, I won the game. The same thing happened last week when we played Phase 10. Now I'm just waiting for something terribly wrong to happen to me.

Speaking of things going "terribly wrong" earlier this week, my companion was looking though the beautiful pictures he had taken earlier in the week, and somehow in the process, inadvertently erased his entire memory card. This was unfortunate on a number of levels, one Elder W was actually the president of his school's photography club back in the day, so he's a great photographer, two, his a camera is a really high quality digital camera, (however, it is not user-friendly apparently), 3 at the beginning of the transfer, l suggested that we take lots of pictures and that I would get a copy of the great pictures taken this transfer on CD. Oh well.

Consolation, I did get a CD from Elder S from last transfer, which is a combination of pictures from 3 elders' cameras. And I'm sending some today. Furthermore, we have the whole transfer to take more pictures.

Anyway, it's good to hear from you. I'm doing great and I'm looking forward to this transfer. I'm out of time now, but I will send you those pictures, and hope that you enjoy them, and that it will partially make up for the for the things lacking in this letter - I have a lot more to say, but no time to say it. OK then, Tiako ianareo, Veloma!
Elder Draper

No comments: