
Hi there,
Coincidence. Odd as it may seem, my entire district knew that I was going to train, and we also knew that I would get Elder WM ( we just didn't know back then that his name was "WM") not too long after he received his call. How did we know this? OK fine, we sort of "predicted" but the prediction proved prophetic so... we "knew" he was coming.
Back when I was in Alarobia with Wangsgard, we had a district leader named Allen. One day I went on splits with the said district leader and we tracted into what he said was " the black-girl equivalent of his EX-girlfriend". This caught him off guard and he spent the whole lesson trying not to make eye-contact with the said black-girl, while I taught the lesson. After the lesson, I heard the "epic" story of District Leader Allen, and Ex-girlfriend Jessica back in Idaho. Time passed. Then DL Allen, received a letter from Ex-G Jessica saying that her current boyfriend had just received his mission call to....guess where ( hint: it starts with an "M" and has a lot of "A's" in it and it's in Africa but not really. Could be translated " Angry Fuel Automobile"). Small world.
Anyway, through deductive reasoning and irony, my district 'predicted' ( or possibly "prophesied") that I would be training by the time the said "current boyfriend" arrived in the country. Long story short, it happened. And after a few awkward moments between DL Allen and Elder WM (AKA: "current boyfriend of DL Allen's Ex"), things are going great. In fact, DL Allen finished his mission last week, and they made me DL ( dang it!) and now I'm just waiting for the wedding announcements from Jessica and RM Allen to get to Current M WM and hope he's not my companion at that time;) But hey, there's always the "black-girl equivalent" in Madagascar (That's the one I'd go for, she's cuter, in better shape and probably nicer too. She just lives on literally the opposite side of the world is all. Hahaha. :) Well, I thought it was funny.
Life's good, and it seems to be full of stories like the one above, so I thought I'd share it with you. We've been having fun running around on rice paddies and teaching in grass huts (both of which seem perfectly normal to me now). We love our investigators. Right now, we're helping someone get off cigarettes. It's a bit of a challenge, but I've seen it done a few times in the course of my mission. People who smoke cigarettes always tell you, "You just don't know how hard it is to quit." Yes I do: it's as hard as it is to start flossing.
" Hey man, you look a little tense, you alright?"
" Yeah, I'm about to floss."
Anyway, I'm looking forward to talking to you all. as far as I know the number is: xxx ( you might not need to dial the "0" at the beginning of "032") I think that's what you need to know. If anything changes I'll let you know. You can call me any time from the 21st to the 27th. I'd prefer if you called at night time here, on Christmas would be cool too, so figure out what time that would be ( I think there's a 10 hour difference)
OK then, I love you all. Veloma!
Sunday, January 13, 2008
2007 December 17--Predictions Verified
Posted by
Nels Draper
at
8:49 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment