Hi there,
Snow? We're in the humid 90's down here and I'm sweating as I write this. Christmas just isn't the same here. I'm hoping the Mission office will just leave us alone this year. I don't really feel like Christmas caroling in this kind of weather ( that and I've had people throw rocks at my head for just walking down the street, I don't want to know what would happen to the white guy that was singing down the street here.)
Anyway, this week was good. Yesterday, We had 5 baptisms. Elder W was able to baptize someone and give a talk in Malagasy, both for the first time. He did a good job.
As I was sitting at church yesterday, I realized that many of the people in attendance were people that I had taught at some point during my time here in this ward. I realized that most of them were already, or on their way to being baptized. I decided to write a list of names of people that I had taught who have been baptized since I've moved into this ward. I was amazed. Chronologically (sort of):
Njara, Aina, Andre, Rahasoa, Serphine, Marie, Lydia, Jacky, Lala, Lova, Esther, Fanja, Ilay Kely, Vivian, Rahavavy hafan'ny Lova, Eddy, Claudine, Toby, Vonjy, Vero, Lea, Bean, Ernest and Estelle
I have taught all of these people from the time I was with Wg until now in this ward and I've been privileged to see all of them be baptized. ( I've even baptized a few of them), and there are more people I'm teaching right now that I hope to see baptized at the beginning of the year. And all of those just named were at sacrament meeting yesterday. I just feel blessed is all. I've been working so hard and I haven't had too much time to sit back and think about it. Some days, I feel like I'm not really making that much of a difference, and every district meeting and zone conference is on "what are we doing wrong?" or " the missionaries in "such-and-such" place are such better missionaries than you are, they always do... they never do...... and blah blah blah." Why can't we just have a meeting that says " hooray for our side!" or " good job Elders, keep up the good work"? ( or better yet, how about " no meeting at all" this week, see ya next week:)
Anyway, I love you all. It will be nice to talk to you all on Christmas. I'll send you the information next week. OK then, Veloma!
Monday, December 10, 2007
2007 December 10--Fruits of His Labor
Posted by
Nels Draper
at
5:08 PM
No comments:
Post a Comment