Sunday, September 09, 2007

2007 August 20--Too Busy

Yeah, hi

This last week was filled beyond my capacity to write you a proper letter, and unfortunately I must say the same thing about today. However, you WILL get a good letter ( or I guess maybe a "full" letter - I can never guarantee the quality) tomorrow during my lunch hour. Thanks for your letters. They were good - and full ;-)

I think I may have mentioned last week that the mission office was in an uproar, and that it's been making life a little bit hectic lately. Unfortunately it continues to be so. The office is in chaos right now because one of our senior missionary couples, the Amours, finished their mission and went home. The Armours were wonderful, and we were all sad to see them go, but we were happy to meet their replacements, the Ross's, who would now be in charge of the office management, allotment money, and taxi fund for the missionaries. Now, it was expected that there would be some adjustments to be made, and a time for the new couple to get used to how to work everything, so few problems came from that, but it was OK. But then Sister Ross got very sick, and had to be flown to South Africa. They were here for about two weeks.When they left, apparently the computers got messed up and nobody knew how to work anything and the fun continues. We held a mission fast for Sister Ross, and it looks like she's gonna be OK, however the Ross's will not be serving a mission anymore and will return to America when she is recovered enough. We've got ten new missionaries coming this week - the most we've ever had - and we're excited, but the office is probably stressed, because a new senior missionary couple is not included in that ten.

In other news, transfers have come again and my new companion is...... Elder TS ( in case you didn't know, Elder TS is the same companion I had before. I put in a request on behalf of my district for all of us to stay the same, and luckily for me, it seemed to work.) We're all happy. And the work goes on. OK that's all for now, must buy food, and teach Vonjy the gospel, in that order.

Veloma

Elder Draper

No comments: