Sunday, February 24, 2008

2008 Feb 20--Power Failure

Well hi,

This is the "I'm alive" E-mail for the week. I'm sorry to disappoint you. In this past week, the weather has been unkind to this part of the world, and with the rain came the random power failures all over the city. So on Monday, I spent about 45 minutes trying to work the computer and trying to get a connection, and the power goes out and then comes back on just long enough to give me hope enough to keep trying (and this after visiting 2 other E-mail cafes to no avail--so my patience was already wearing thin--but you could say that my patience has gotten a bit "fatter" since I've been here so... * funny; my patience has done the exact opposite thing that my physical appearance has done. Ironic ve izany?:) then the power goes out again. So, P-day wasn't really P-day because we didn't get to do anything fun. We had to cut everything short to go for our president's interviews and after getting there on time, and then waiting 2 hours, he comes out and says, "Well, I'm out of time, can you come back here tomorrow?" Sigh. So we used yesterday's lunch hour for the president's interview, and now I'm using today's lunch hour to E-mail you this " letter/note?" thing.

Some good news: I spoke to Dr. Thomas, the area doctor, on the phone about my back problem. He told me that as far as he could tell, he could see no medical reason why I shouldn't be able to stay until the end of April, so that's when my departure date will be. As far as I know now, my departure date is April 29 or 30. When I get the travel itinerary I'll give you the details.

Well, I love you all. I'm definitely keeping busy, and I like it that way. I hope next week will bring a better E-mail on my part. Also, the Elders in my house want to believe me when I tell them that "Swedish pancakes are better than crepes." I sense some skepticism. So could I get that recipe from you guys? That would be delicious. OK I gotta go. Veloma!

Elder Draper

No comments: