Hi,
I kind of got the luck of the draw with the computers at this internet cafe. Every thing's really slow so I took most of my time waiting for your letters to come up, and creating this account. But no worries. I got mom's letter this time. It's great to hear from you and to hear how every one's doing (I didn't know Tim was getting married and everything else was nice to know.)
I finally got sick this week. But generally speaking, I feel great. I sleep here! And it feels wonderful! That didn't happen at the MTC. And I will only sleep better once I actually have a bed (The elders before me kind of destroyed it the day before I came. Apparently it was a "back flip" competition.) And I spoke too soon about there being only "little" cockroaches in our house :)
This place is beautiful! I wish all of you could see it. There is nothing that is "Disney Landish" or fake about this place. The rice patties that we walk through everyday are incredible. I make my companion stop every so often so we can just look at this place. I am taking pictures, but they will never do it justice. Jesse would love to come here and just Paint.
I will have to write a letter during the week so that I can include more in these things. Yesterday was Madagascar's Independence Day, so we moved our P-day to today. Sometimes some Malagasys show their dislike for the French on this day (and since all white people are French, we changed our P day to today and went home a little early so as to avoid those Malagasys.) But no worries, We are bigger than almost everyone here, and most people know who we are and what we do.
I will tell you more next week about this and I WILL include a good spiritual story if I can help it because that's primarily what this experience has been. I love you all. Veloma!
Elder Draper
Monday, October 09, 2006
06 June 27--Beautiful Place
Posted by
Nels Draper
at
8:48 AM
No comments:
Post a Comment